20 Points to Start a Digital Nomad Journey
Nomadiers guide to a Digital Nomads Life.
The idea is to GetFIREd. FIRE Stands for Financially Independent Retire Early. Retiring late in life is never an option, it’s mandated by your age and is forced on you. Retiring early gives you the option to spend your productive time with your passion and giving back all your knowledge to the world out there rather than taking it to the grave.
Here is a list of 20 vital points you need to consider before you opt to Get’FIRE‘d.
1. Finances: Most important to lead a nomadic life is to sort out your finances. Find out how much do you need to meet your basic expenses.Save up, create long term recurring income, invest in businesses that will not require your physical presence, acquire digital skills and invest only in digitally manageable assets.
2. Responsibilities: This never ends. But taking care of your responsibilities to the best of your abilities and not being worried about how the results turned out is important. Remember results normally can’t be manipulated by one person. So give it a particular span and then let it go.
3. Minimalism: Stop accepting gifts totally. Stop buying stuff. Start giving away things that you don’t need. Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Try and see how bare minimum you can go.
4. Declutter: Declutter your life. Declutter your cupboard, shelves etc. Cut excess things and unwanted people from your life.
5. Sort: Sort your meals. Make it simple and from easy to find ingredients.
6. Excercise: Excercise regularly. You can be a nomad only if you are fit.
7. Passion: Find out what are you passionate about. Learn/enhance that skill. This will keep you sane in your journey.
8. Computer: Learn computers. Learn to blog/vlog so that you can keep writing/recording your experiences.
9. Photography: Learn basic photography. This helps you relive and share your memories.
10. Television: Let go watching television and reading newspaper. That way you can focus on all the good that is happening around you.
11. Gossip: Run away from people who gossip. That is a major energy drainer. Keep away from them.
12. Day allocation: Have a routine that helps you grow daily. A little excercise, fixing small goals, a little social service and connecting to our loved ones helps one to keep all the 4 brain chemicals in balance which in turn keeps us happy.
13. One Bag Goal: You need to fit things into one trolley bag. Preferably 15 kilos (Plus 7Kgs in a backpack). So all effort should be made in that direction.
14. Cook: Learning to cook is very very important. Simple, less time consuming and balanced food should be the focus while learning to cook. A cooker is a must buy.
15. Medicines: Learn about basic medicines you need to carry and use when you fall sick.
16. Low maintenance: Learn to use less and less of cosmetics and hair care products.
17. Inform: Think when you are not around who will really miss you. Inform them about your plans. Make them understand that you will be ok and you are going to be reachable. Rest of the people need not know the details.
18. Digital: Load all your documents, pictures etc on 2 portable hard drives. Keep one with you and one with a responsible person. If possible upload all the vital documents to a cloud storage like Google Drive, Dropbox etc and also email the stuff to yourself so that it can be accessed from anywhere.
19. Websites: Learn to use websites like Airbnb, Trip Advisor, Facebook etc to book safe places to stay and work.
20. Execute: You can plan a lot. Most important is to execute. Leave before it is too late.
#nomadiers #fire #getfired #pravz #pwrusr